[Moo] Fwd: Re: Textile Question

Mark Valente stierbacher at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 08:39:04 PST 2005

Stierbach,

      Lady Annalena sent me this rather in depth and  wonderfully informative response to my question.  She sent it  directly to my personal addy instead of the whole group and has asked  me to forward it to the group list.
     As a side note I followed her advise and went to G-Street  for a look.  I met a very nice British lady who works at the  Potomac Mills store.  She introduced me to Melton Wool that  G-Street sells for about $40/yd.  She told me that this is named  for the shire in England where the process was created and says they  have been producing it there for centuries.  This also happens to  be where she was born and so to my benefit she took some pride in  explaining it.  They only had one bolt of it and it was a very  nice brown.  I resisted the urge to purchase it and am taking my  time as there is no great rush.
     The next bit of advise I'm going to follow from the below  letter is to check out "My An" 1319 Sheppard Dr, Sterling  703-444-2117.  I hope this discussion is helpful to others as it  has been for me.  I have learned quite a bit from everyone who was  kind enough to respond to my questions.

  Marcolo

csfriedman at adelphia.net wrote:  Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:00:52 -0500