[Moo] Fwd: Re: Textile Question

Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.) tatsushu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 08:52:19 PST 2005

On 11/26/05, Mark Valente <stierbacher at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Stierbach,
>
>     Lady Annalena sent me this rather in depth and wonderfully informative
> response to my question.  She sent it directly to my personal addy instead
> of the whole group and has asked me to forward it to the group list.
>    As a side note I followed her advise and went to G-Street for a look.  I
> met a very nice British lady who works at the Potomac Mills store.  She
> introduced me to Melton Wool that G-Street sells for about $40/yd.  She told
> me that this is named for the shire in England where the process was created
> and says they have been producing it there for centuries.  This also happens
> to be where she was born and so to my benefit she took some pride in
> explaining it.  They only had one bolt of it and it was a very nice brown.
> I resisted the urge to purchase it and am taking my time as there is no
> great rush.
>    The next bit of advise I' m going to follow from the below letter is to
> check out "My An" 1319 Sheppard Dr, Sterling 703-444-2117.  I hope this
> discussion is helpful to others as it has been for me.  I have learned quite
> a bit from everyone who was kind enough to respond to my questions.

If you know that you want 'Melton', or a particular brand, you may
want to look online.  G-Street tends to have good material, but
high-prices.  If you know what you want, a Google search might help
you locate it--many online stores will also send swatches to you
either free or for a small fee, which may be much cheaper than
purchasing it in the store.

On the other hand, in the store you know precisely what you are
getting then and there.

-Ii