[Moo] Readers of The Bull: Feedback please!

Nicole Spaun icychaos at msn.com
Mon Oct 31 14:47:38 PST 2005

Greetings,

As many of you know, I've been doing most of the issues for The Bull since
this spring.  I have tried several different formatting options and am still
trying to find one that works consistently for the newsletter.  The
difficulty lies in the variation of stuff that goes into The Bull: sometimes
it's mostly event announcements, sometimes more court reports, other times
all local news.

To make it easier to find what you want in The Bull, how do the following
work for you (please write me offlist and rate the following):
-color coding the headings of articles?
-color coding the borders around articles?
-not placing more than one article per page?
-always placing articles in a certain order?
-any other ideas?

I've tried several of these in the November issue that will be coming out
imminently.  Namely, each article heading is color coded: blue for general
baronial or kingdom business, red for marshal activities, green for interest
articles, purple for event announcements (and articles appear in this order
in the newsletter, too).  I've also color coded the borders of the articles
to match.  I do have several articles on the same page for space's sake, but
only when they are the same type of article (blue, red, etc).  Does this
help make The Bull easier to read?  Or am I just confusing the issue by
throwing color at the problem?

Cheers,
~Bianca
Deputy Chronicler for Stierbach

ps: a Table of Contents is not an easy solution... please don't suggest one.