[Moo] Fwd: [Asian Nights] Asian Night Projects

Sigrune at aol.com Sigrune at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 09:20:08 PDT 2005

So many wonderful choices for Asian night, it is so hard to decide!

Out of the list, here are the ones I would be most interested in...  (well not realy but I have to narrow it down somehow)

>Here are some evening (and weekend) craft suggestions. Any >project which appears to take a long time can also be >segmented into a few evenings, if people can adapt their
>cars or if we could hang items on hangers until the
>next Asian Night.
>
>2. Shibori for quilt squares (which can be used for kimono).
>8. Reeling silk or any other type of drop spindling project.
>9, Felt-making (Mongolian but then it is warm in winter.)
>11. Paper mache with rice paste.
>12. Kumihimo evening where people bring projects in progress.
>15. One night wood-working projects using hand-tools.

The felt and woodworking suggestions sound great.  Not that I am complaining but there has been an emphasis on woven fabrics recently and a brief interlude into something else might be a nice change of pace, and also might appeal to a broader audiance.

Anyhow, that is my two cents :)

-Takeda