[Moo] Event Flyer: Defending the Gate V - March 25, 2006

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 12:41:04 PST 2006

Defending the Gate V
March 25, 2006
Canton of Sudentorre  (Fredericksburg, VA)

In order to celebrate the alliances that strengthen us all, all  competitions
will be for teams, not individuals.

Site:  The Lee Hill Community Center, 1 HCC Drive (Cosner Drive),
Fredericksburg, VA 22407.  The hall opens at 10 am and closes at 10  pm.  No alcohol or
pets allowed.  Site is wheelchair accessible.   Parking is limited, carpooling
recommended.

Martial Activities: Tournaments will be held for Heavy Weapons, Archery,
Rapier, and Thrown Weapons.  There is hope for some Combat Archery after  the
tournaments.  List tables will open at 10:30 am with  authorizations/armor
inspections to follow.  MiC & Heavy Marshal: Baron  Turgeis Hakonarson,
_Turgeis_Hakonson at verizon.net_ (mailto:Turgeis_Hakonson at verizon.net) .   See the website
for more details.

A&S competitions: We will host a team competition for alliance points.  There
will be an adult division and a children's division.  There will also  be an
open display for our artisans to show their projects both complete and  works
in progress.  See the website for more details.

Merchants: Please contact Lady Rowen ferch Rhys (Amy Neumann),
_mdvlsoul at aol.com_ (mailto:mdvlsoul at aol.com) .

Children’s Activities: will be held.

Lunch: A noonday meal will be available for purchase.  For your  convenience,
you will be able to pay for your lunch in advance.  Lunch will  be $4 (but
only $3 if purchased before 3/11).

Feast: A meal for 100 is being prepared by THLady Aelfwynn of Whitby.
Please contact her for any dietary concerns at _mcdanielm at si.edu_
(mailto:mcdanielm at si.edu) .

Feast auction: Servers from the Renaissance Club of MWU will once again be
auctioned off in a traditional style.  Limited quantities available.

Costs:
Adult Member:    $6 site ($7 post  3/11)  $8 feast
Adult,  Non-member:    $9 site ($10 post 3/11)  $8  feast
Children (6-17):     $3 site ($4 post  3/11)  $5 feast
Notes:   Children 5 and under are guests  of the Canton.  Lunch is available
for pre-purchase.

Autocrat:  Lady Elizabeth of Hadley Hall (Elizabeth Ernst), 110 Revell  Road,
Fredericksburg, VA 22405, _shalandara at aol.com_ (mailto:shalandara at aol.com) ,
540-720-5518.

Reservations: Lady Anne Ramsay (Stephanie Krienen), 4927 Green Run Drive,
Richmond, VA 23228, _knightmarshal at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org_
(mailto:knightmarshal at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org) .    Make checks payable to "Canton of
Sudentorre, SCA Inc."  The only  reservation is a paid reservation.

Website:  _http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/dtg5.php_
(http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/dtg5.php)

Directions: From the North/Northwest: I-95 south to Fredericksburg,
Virginia.  Take exit 126.  At the bottom of the exit turn right onto  Route 1 South.
Turn left onto Route 17 at the light.  See directions  from the intersection
of Route 1 and Route 17 below.
>From the South/Southwest: I-95 north to Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Take  exit
126B to Route 1 South.  Turn left onto Route 17 at the light.   See
directions from the intersection of Route 1 and Route 17  below.
>From Route 1 & Route 17 South:   Travel on Route 17 for 5.5 miles and turn
left at the light onto Route 2.   Go 2 miles and turn right onto HCC Drive.
Follow the road into the  park.
>From the East: If you are coming through King  George County, take the Blue
and Gray Parkway (Route 3 Bypass).  Go .5  miles, take Dixon Street exit onto
Route 2.  Go 2 miles and turn left onto  HCC drive.  Follow the road into the
park. Visit website for more  directions.