[Moo] Stierbach Birthday - Lost and Found - Big Thank you!

Mark Valente stierbacher at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 11:14:23 PDT 2006

  I would like to thank everyone who helped make Stierbach's 25Th

Birthday a fun successful weekend.  Everyone worked very hard not just

the days of the event but the weeks leading up to it as well.  Many

people came out to the site to help clear the woods and help me figure

out where everything should be set up.  There were pre-cook meetings,

token making sessions, map making and many other preparations that

helped make everything come together.

  Our Troll staff worked very hard making sure everyone got signed in

smoothly, new people got to pick out loaner garb and people knew where

to park and where to find everything they wanted to do.

  The MoL helped the fighters get organized so that they could have

successful war practice. Not only did they fight many exiting melees but

they had strategy sessions and many new warriors got authorized. We can

expect to see Atlantias fighters fencers, siege engineers, and archers

bring honor to our kingdom at Pennsic.  The Chiurgeon and the

Water bearers made certain that everyone was hydrated and safe and

healthy.  We won't have fun if are friends are hurt, and I think we all

had a great time. I know I certainly enjoyed my weekend.

  Stierbach's cooks guild worked very hard on a wonderful feast that not

only filled us with more food than we could eat but it was cooked to

perfection and truly delicious.  It was also nice that many of our

guests volunteered to help set up the tables, serve feast and clean up

so well after wards. It is always a pleasure to leave a site cleaner

than when we found it, that keeps us welcome in the mundane world.

   Many people came out to help us set up the site and got to see the

unveiling of our new Baronial pavilion "Great White".  People loaned

us the use of many of their personal items, including garden hoses,

hand washing stations, hot showers, a Giant grill to cook on and yes

even the kitchen sink. People pitched in all day long, lugging pallets,

ice, port-a-castles and giant jars of pickles to name a few.  I saw not

only members of our barony help out but people from our neighboring

baronies and shires as well as our neighboring kingdoms. One merchant

came all the way from Southern Atlantia and set up his forge.  Not only

did he use it to create wares to sell at his booth but he helped fix

some items we needed to run the event. Then people stayed on Sunday to

break everything down, take garbage to the dump and put everything back

into the storage locker as neatly as it was found.  This is what the SCA

is about, everyone working together to make the dream possible.

   Many wonderful artisans came out to show us the talented works they

do in honor of Atlantia, they too will shine at Pennsic and all year

long. It was so nice to see Atlantias scribes working on scrolls for

our many deserving citizens.  My congratulations to Will of Caer Maer

for winning the A&S competition.  I would also like to congratulate

Lady Esperanza for winning the archery competition Lord Bubba for

winning the Thrown weapons competition and all the new Baronial champions

selected by their Excellencies.  I would like to thank the

Millers who let us use their farm again this year and all the vendors

who came through for us. Their Majesties and their Excellencies deserve

our thanks for leading us towards our goal of living the dream.  It is such a

pleasure to have nobility who exemplify the ideal we hope to portray in the SCA.

   Some of our friends who visited us left some of their personal items

on the site and I would like to see everyone get their belongings back.

The lost and found list is below.

Fencing sword
arming cap
eating dagger
bungee chord
bracelet (or anklet I suppose)
sunglasses
a basket full of feast gear

please drop me an e-mail or call me at home before 10:30pm and we can

work out getting you and your property reunited.

Ld Marcolo Delmare
Autocrat of Stierbach's Baronial birthday
Akeru Thunder

stierbacher @ yahoo.com
703-680-3108

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

    -Groucho Marx