[Moo] Baronial Birthday - Please read

Sigrune at aol.com Sigrune at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 19:04:34 PST 2006

Ceridwen writes:
>Their Royal Highnesses have requested Kings Assessment be
>held in June instead of July. The Barony of Black Diamond
>has scheduled this fighting event for the same weekend as
>our Baronial Birthday.
>...However, I think many of the heavy fighters that might
>have come to Birthday will go to Assessments instead.

That certainly is a problem, I cannot dispute King's Assement being an important pre-Pennsic function, by moving it forward it gives time for additional training in needed areas.

>I believe we have two options for Birthday:
>1)Change the focus of Birthday to be less of a heavy
>fighting event and more of a ________ event.

Last year it was definantly focused on fighting.  Because it is a primitive site it lends itself to more martial activities.  The potential for woods battles to take place there is one of it's strengths. I feel changing the focus would not be the best option.

>2)Move Birthday to another date. (Lord Marcolo is checking
>on this.)
That might be the best plan, or to work with Black Diamond to stagger them by a couple of weeks.

My optimal suggestion would be to get with HRH and see if we can get Royal sanction ourselves to become either assement part 1 or assesement part 2...  I would point out that a second assement would help by focusing on correcting weaknesses that are seen in the first one.
(Identify problem, adjust training, re-test)

-Takeda (the potentially bummed out)