[Moo] Baronial Birthday - Please read

Ryan Snead ryansnead at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 27 19:41:10 PST 2006

Takeda,

Echoing the Assessment theme is a good idea, but circumstances dictate a
slight change with whom we ought to coordinate.

In spite of the name for the event, King's Assessment is technically a local
event for Black Diamond. However, like Sapphire Joust or Ymir, it is an
event that has been popular enough for so long that it tends to draw from
the whole kingdom instead of primarily from the local area. If it were a
kingdom-level event, local groups would have to submit bids to the Kingdom
for the right to host the event.

As such, there is no regulation preventing us from titling our baronial
birthday Northern Assessment, Second Assessment, Woods Assessment or
something to that effect. Courtesy and good advertising sense would
recommend that we try to coordinate an idea like that with Black Diamond if
our group wanted to take the event in that direction. Also, we probably
wouldn't want to expropriate the "King's" as part of the subtext in order to
keep down the confusion.

Iustinos Ancyrenos
Birthday Deputy Autocrat