[Moo] Newcomer Night 5/19

Mark Valente stierbacher at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 10:57:27 PDT 2006

No problem please go first.  You thought of good things to cover, I can't come up with anything else.  Iustinos had to drop out due to a scheduling mistake so I have agreed to cover for him.
  Iustinos gave some trivia questions for me to ask but there are a few items I need clarification on.  Unfortunately he is hiking in the woods right now so I can't get with him on this.  I was hoping you might have some of these answers for me.

1: What is a non-coronet independent group?  Is this a shire or a college?  Are Cantons excluded because of their affiliation with a Barony?

2: What is Baronial Precedence?

3: According to the dictionary "Incipient" means "Beginning to exist or appear".  However when is a local group accorded the status incipient in Atlantia?  Is there a specific form or proceedure that has to be completed before being recognized as incipient?  I have been told that it is not accurate to refer to Ahainn Iarthair
 as incipient. However I know they have started the process enough to have had their name changed.

4: According to Iustinos there are 5 Atlantian groups and 1 group in Aethelmarc (Shire of Sylvan Glen) that share a border with Stierbach.  Yet he does not mention what these 5 Atlantian groups are. From what I have been able to discipher from the information he provided and the internet those 5 Atlantian groups are; Ponte Alton, Highland Foorde, Roxbury Mill, Caer Mear and Isenfir.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Marcolo

Dave Montuori <damont at wolfstar.com> wrote: Newcomer Night is tomorrow night (Wed the 19th). On the online calendar,
if you clock on the info link, you get the info for APRIL's newcomner
night...

I'm on for teaching Geography of the SCA Outside Atlantia. Figured I'd
cover the kingdoms (in historical order), maybe some of the major local
groups not too far away from Atlantia, and the sites of the major SCA wars
(Pennsic, Estrella, Gulf, Lillies). Anything else I should cover?

Due to other factors, I'll be late-dating the meeting (going to another
gathering after). Had there been any thought given to which part should go
first? (The other part being Geography of Atlantia.) I'd prefer to go
first myself, but if there are reasons to put the Atlantia part first I'll
defer.

Evan

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

    -Groucho Marx