[Moo] Newcomer Night 5/17

Dave Montuori damont at wolfstar.com
Tue May 16 12:01:45 PDT 2006

My apologies -- newcomer night is Wednesday, May *17th*. That's still
tomorrow.

Scripsit Marcolo:
> 1: What is a non-coronet independent group?  Is this a shire or a
> college?

Could be either. By "non-coronet" I think you mean a branch that does not
have ruling nobility.

All Shires are independent groups who do not report to any other branch
smaller than principality.

Colleges *can* be independent groups, or they can be subsidiary branches.

Provinces are also non-coronet independent groups: they're equivalent to
baronies in status but have no ruling nobility. There are no Provinces in
Atlantia; the East Kingdom has one (Malagentia, up in Maine).

> Are Cantons excluded because of their affiliation with a Barony?

Yes -- they're subsidiary branches.

> 2: What is Baronial Precedence?

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here... clarification please?

> 3: According to the dictionary "Incipient" means "Beginning to exist or
> appear".  However when is a local group accorded the status incipient in
> Atlantia?  Is there a specific form or proceedure that has to be
> completed before being recognized as incipient?  I have been told that
> it is not accurate to refer to Ahainn Iarthair as incipient. However I
> know they have started the process enough to have had their name
> changed.

That's really a question for the seneschalate -- the answer I learned to
that question appears to have changed over time. (Which is the major
reason I'm CC-ing the list...)

> 4: According to Iustinos there are 5 Atlantian groups and 1 group in
> Aethelmarc (Shire of Sylvan Glen) that share a border with Stierbach.
> Yet he does not mention what these 5 Atlantian groups are. From what I
> have been able to discipher from the information he provided and the
> internet those 5 Atlantian groups are; Ponte Alton, Highland Foorde,
> Roxbury Mill, Caer Mear and Isenfir.  Is this correct?

There are actually SEVEN bordering groups, 6 of which are in Atlantia.
Starting from due north of Manassas and working clockwise:
Highland Fnord^H^H^H^H^H Foorde
Roxbury Mill
Ponte Alto
Dun Carraig