[Moo] A pre Fall Crown Tourney Story

Dexter Guptill 3fgburner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 12:00:14 PST 2006

Another item -- I plan to stop by a gun shop and pick up some 9mm and/or .22
BoreSnakes. In general, .22 will be in more demand than 9mm, because the
.22s are the size for cleaning M16s. 9mm pistols are more likely to be
officers' weapons, ergo fewer of 'em around.

On 11/13/06, Made For Willow <madeforwillow at yahoo.com> wrote:

> *Greetings to you all,*
> **
> *The night before Fall Crown Tourney, Ragnar and I stayed in a local bed
> and breakfast. The morning of tourney, we had breakfast with another couple
> who where staying there. A young couple with a baby at home chatted with
> Ragnar and I over breakfast. This young man, Mike, had come home for a short
> visit to see his young wife and new baby. Mike is stationed on the front
> lines in Iraq. During breakfast Ragnar shared with them about the SCA, and
> why we where there. Since we where dressed in garb during breakfast,
> curiosity continued. Ragnar and Mike seemed to connect and you know how guys
> are about fighting and such! Anyway, knowing that Ragnar and I where
> venturing off to a battle of fantasy and delight, and seeing this young man,
> with his humble county boy looks and pretty little wife, heading back to a
> battle of reality, I was caught up with the concern of him returning to the
> war within a few days.*

Erich von Kleinfeld, mka
--
Dex
--Dexter Guptill

http://members.cox.net/dguptill
"Rule 37: There is no overkill. There is only 'Open Fire', and 'I need to
reload'. "
-- http://www.schlockmercenary.com

**** The Chirurgeon General has Strongly Advised against using Ballista
Bolts as Toothpicks.