[Moo] Archery goes indoors!

Janie Darby darbyjanie at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 03:38:35 PDT 2006

Marie,

I'm sure Karin, Nikolai or Enequey will be posting more information, but am sending this out in the interim.

Winter practice is at the Bull Run Shooting Center in Centreville - near I-66 - which has an indoor range.

The range charges $5 to shoot, but we get a group rate of $3, which we collect and pay at the end of the evening. Those who can generally donate the difference between the group rate and the regular $5 rate, which goes into the baronial archery fund.  Do Not pay upstairs when you come in - you might not get the group rate.

http://www.nvrpa.org/shootingcenter.html

I did Mapquest and got what I'd consider to be extremely, um, skimpy directions....so have added a bit of detail here. ;-)

Directions from out west:

Take I-66 east to Exit 43B - US 29N in Manassas. (The first US 29 exit.) Go about 6.6 miles north on 29.

Turn right on Bull Run Post Office Road/VA 621. Go about a mile. At the sharp turn, bear to the right on Bull Run Drive.

Immediately after crossing over I-66, turn left on the access road.

Make the first right turn, which will lead you through the gates to the shooting center. Proceed to the parking lot.

The archery range is in the basement. Come in through the front door (facing the skeet range) and come down the stairs (on the right).

Note: If you get to Centreville on either 66 or 29, you've gone too far.

Mapquest puts the trip at about an hour from Winchester. Those of you out west have a much easier drive to this site that most of the people coming from anywhere else in the barony since you're against traffic, so we'll plan to see lots of you there. (Except this week, when I'll be en route to an event in upstate New York, and Colum will be getting the house ready for Bardic.) :-)

We generally do dinner in Centreville afterwards - usually Ruby Tuesdays - so plan accordingly.

Baroness Briana

To: moo at stierbach.orgDate: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:32:39 -0400From: izofgold at aol.comSubject: Re: [Moo] Archery goes indoors!

Where is it?  We might be able to make it from out here if we know exactly where abouts we are going.

Marie/GwynnChatelaine of theIncipient Canton of Abhainn Iarthair,Barony of Stierbach in the Kingdom of Atlantia.Kol ha-olam kulogesher tzar m'odV'ha-ikar lo l'fached klal.""The entire world is a narrow bridgeBut the main thing is not to fear."
  -----Original Message-----From: zhdanov at adelphia.netTo: moo at stierbach.orgSent: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 6:01 PMSubject: [Moo] Archery goes indoors!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are heading indoors for archery
starting this Friday, the 27th! We will shoot until 8:00 or until people are too
hungry to wait.

We may stop early this week for Bardic at the Baronage's.

There are no more outdoor practices this year. Brrrr....and woooooooshhhhhh.

Nikolai