[Moo] Defending the Gate

Janie Darby darbyjanie at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 08:32:06 PDT 2007

Once again we are humbled to represent such an outstanding group of people in our Canton of Sudentur. Defending the Gate was, once again, a stellar event.

We would like to everyone who volunteered to make this event the resounding success that it was. Special thanks go to the autocrat, Lady Elizabeth of Hadley Hall, and her deputy, Lord Otel Altunait, for a well-run event. We will not attempt to name all of the others who volunteered for fear of missing someone - it's a long list.

As Baron Turgeis has said, the martial activities at this event were outstanding. When you take heavy fighing, rapier, archery and thrown weapons together, we had more than 150 participants. This at a local event - an event that now draws combatants from outside Atlantia as well as across the region.

It was a wonderful day. Good weather, food, fighting, archery and A&S. Vivats to Sudentur!

In Service,

Baron Colum and Baroness Briana