[Moo] Thank you from the Autocrat of Defending the Gate

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 08:35:08 PDT 2007

It is with great honor that I write this missve to you all today.  I  am
blessed by being a member of one of the finest Cantons and Baronies that  exist in
Atlantia.  Without the wonderful support and effort that these  folks give,
wonderful events will never happen.  The list of people who  gave support is
truly one of everyone who walked onto the site, as I saw nothing  but helpful
people all day long, including those who traveled from far to be  with us.

Thank you to all who came, battling traffic and juggling other  commitments.

In no particular order here are is a long list of those who gave of
themselves that day, in addition to all the "nameless" people:

Sayyid Achmed ibn Yousef, Lady Rowen ferch Rhys, Lady Cairistiona de
Coueran, Lord Allen of Wolfhou, Lady Blitha of Wolfhou, Lady Elenor du Chester,  Lady
Anne Ramsay, Mistress Ceridwen ferch Owain,  Mistress Ceridwen ferch  Rhys ap
Michael, Lady Chandani Riya, Lady Christina de Nedham, Lady Miriel de
Nedham, Lord Mors de Super, Lady Morgaine of Donegal, Lord Samuel Calvert, Lady
Miriam Calvert, Lord Sebastian Casparo, Lord Siegfried McClure, Baroness Sunniva
Kyrre, Baron Turgeis Haakonson, Mistress Ysar de la Nuit Blanche, Tony Estes,
 Craig, Meghan Wymarc, Bertran de St. Jean, Mistress Graidhne ni Ruadh, Lady
Rhonwen verch Tudor, Master Charles O'Connor, Lady Aelfwynn of Whitby, and
others who I have forgotten in my post-event fog.

And a special note of thanks to the following:

Khan Otel Altunait, Deputy Autocrat and Hall Steward -- he has learned a  lot
about how to run an event, and was invaluable in getting tasks done that
day.  I am sure that he will put on a fine event next year given all that  he
accomplished for me this year.

and

Their Excellencies Colum and Briana of Stierbach, who are the most
supportive and wonderful coronets and are a delight to have at an event.   They even
know how to deal with a frazzled autocrat trying to compile a list all  the
competition winners before court and figuring the overall winner -- and  being
patient with said autocrat when she realized that she left all the prizes  back
in the hall.

In Service to  my Canton, my Barony, and my Crown
Ly Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
Canton of  Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
Lozengy Or and Vert a  Chief Sable
Autocrat, Defending the Gate  VI