[Moo] Teachers for Tournoi des Enfants

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Sun May 13 05:56:24 PDT 2007

Yesterday at the Tournoi des Enfants, we had two tents and a common children's tent (they had their own tent to hang out in) for assorted classes and activities.  The Children of Atlantia who attended the event participated in the scheduled classes as well as the other ongoing activities.

I saw "results" everywhere all day long.  I heard all about the Celtic Emboridery and the finger loop braiding, saw banners fluttering, fans were everywhere, as well as the finger puppets!  I saw decorated Henna feet, and during Court, adults with mouths watering because of the tasty just made bread that was cooling!  I saw "people" jousting, priates in the sandbox, juggling, young ladies with flower wreaths in their hair, and the "Let's attack Lord Bubba giggle fest".

To the instructors:

Lady  Rhonwen verch Tuder (Shannon Bennett) ~ Celtic Embroidery

Lady Graidhne ní Ruaidh (Cecelia Hughes) ~ Banners making and "Scribal Stuff"

Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (Kerri Martinsen) ~ Breadmaking

Lady Blitha of Wolfhou (Barbara Miller) ~ Fan Decorating

Lady  Rhonwen verch Tuder (Shannon Bennett) ~ History of the Harp

Lady Adrianna Michaels (Kelly Lynn Keck) ~ Finger Loop Braiding

Lady Cassandra Arabella Giordani (Kim Jordan) ~ Introduction to Juggling

Lady Gwenllian Anwyld (Kirsten "Kier" Kenlon) ~ Puppets in Period and Shadow Puppets

Lord Bertran de St. Jean (Brian Bertrand) Storyteller:

Lady Aelfwynn of Whitby (Michelle McDaniel) Henna through the ages

Thank you so much for donating your time and talent to help make this event so special to the Children of Atlantia, I cannot thank you enough.

Lady Cairistiona de Covean

Class Coordinator for Tournoi des Enfants