[Moo] Sapphire Meal plan

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Tue May 15 10:50:59 PDT 2007

OK-- How many pots do you think we will need? And  skillets? It looks like
camp meal plan will be for about 30 people...  So I'm thinking large 2
stockpots, 2 large skillets, long handled  spoons and spatulas for each, towels,
hotmats, lighter wand, cleaner, and  scrubbys. I hope to find my large camp hot
water pot. It does not make  coffee though, and I know some prefer perked coffee
in the morning. Does  someones else have a morning coffee pot? But thinking
devils advocate, do  we need addtional pots, or smaller pots, if smaller batches
of things  are being cooked for the potluck saturday supper? Let me know of
your pot  needs for breakfasts and the potluck, and thus I can tallie up pots.
Are we  bringing one of the Barony stoves, or both? Each has 3 burner eyes, so
cooks,  keep in mind the availability of cooking eyes.
    As a thought, there may be folks of the Barony and  Cantons who are day
tripping. Are any of them desirous of eating sat dinner with  us, or hanging
out with us during the day, resting, and staying hydrated? We  ought to offer
the invite to them even if they are not camping with us.Ysar and  some others of
the Canton are thinking of possibly daytripping. They could bring  a dish and
join us for saturday supper, or another can "sponcer" them and bring  food to
cover for them also.
    Trying to think of quantities needed for the  potluck Saturday supper, if
each person makes a dish for all, we will have too  much food. But if each
person's dish is for a number of servings, and if  several get together to make
a dish, they multiply by the number of people  pooling to make the dish, then
there will be more than enough food for all, but  hopefully not huge amounts
of waste. For example, if looking at the meat  team,  if Ceridwen is making a
dish and since she is on the team with  Richard, Michael and Meagan, their dish
is for 16 servings. I imagine  Nichelle and Craig may work together, and thus
thier dish serves 8. And  Sunniva with Turgius, and Thomas (is Rachael
coming?) would prepare for 12, and  Cairistiona brings for 4, then there is enough
meat for 40 full sized  servings.(Actually, Cairistiona may have to be at the
main feast, but is  Kyle coming with her and eating with us?)  Side folks shou
ld probable bring  per person enough for food for 9 servings. Thus, if
Esperanza and Mors are  making a dish together, they prepare for 18 servings. Guessing
Philip  and Brighid will work together, and Loric and Chiara will work
together,  each pair makes a dish for 18 servings. Steven makes for 9 servings. I
with  Allen, Bubba, and Ringer will make for 36 servings. That way the side
folks have  prepared enough sides for all to have 3 normal size servings, and a
bit extra  for children not counted and guests. Each of the Desert folks should
probably  prepare enough for 4 servings. Thus, Eneque, Willow, and Lady
Ingeborg each  brings enough desert for 4 servings, Grace brings for 16 servings,
and  our Baron and Baroness bring for 8 servings (but aren't they going to the
main feast?). Thus, there are enough deserts for 36 servings. As we find  out
others joining us, they are fit into the 3 groups bringing the same quantity
of food servings in a dish, we still should have abundant good food, many
choices, and not have to store or throw out enough food for 20-30 additional
folks.
    Is The Common Tent going to be the Baronial Big  White? We have it from
being used at the Children's Tournoi and will be  transporting it down. I do
not know whether it is intended for the camp or on  the list field. I hope it is
to be in the Camp, since all can sit under it. If  Big White is to be on the
list fields, we will still need a common tent. I do  not have a portable fire
pit, but I remember someone mentioning they had one, so  if we were using one,
I have the marshmallow sticks. Do the portable fire pits  use wood or
charcoal? I have an ice chest as do others on the  green breakfast team, and I will
get with them to decide who will bring the  cooler and ice. I guess Grace's
cooler can be used for the  blue breakfast team. And maybe we need another 2-3
coolers for Sat Supper  dishes and ingredients...I guess each of the 3 teams can
get together and decide  the cooler needs for meats, sides, and deserts.
    Next question... I remember mention of a yahoo site  for planning the
Sapphire camping. Is there one, and are we usingit? or is the  moo working fine
to communicate with? I do not have contact info for Philip,  Brighid and Steven
to coordinate the Sat breakfast plan or sides. If the  green breakfast team
or sides folks have not already discussed plans,  lets exchange info and
coordinate...
--YIS
--Blitha of Wolfhou

In a message dated 5/15/2007 12:20:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,