[Moo] Botanical query

Martha Wallenhorst lghthse at verizon.net
Thu May 31 17:10:02 PDT 2007

One word on the side; since this botanical has poisonous berries in the
commonwealth of va, knowingly growing it in an unprotected space (like a
yard where a kid can get in) it is considered to be danger to small
children.  If a child gets into it you would be held libel for anything that
happened to a child or adult poisoned by this type of nightshade.  Sad but
true.  Even if you have a fenced yard, it is not good enough.  I had a
problem several years ago with chokeberries.  I was growing them for leather
dye but the kid next door, tunneled under the fence and got into them.  He
was 5.  I got lucky, he lived and I only got yelled at for having a deadly
plant in my yard.
Annejke