[Moo] Alle Psallite

Karen Miller mill3rs at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 11:57:53 PDT 2007

Forwarded from the Ponte Alto list...

  The vocal music group of the greater Ponte-Bach area is starting up our practices again.

      Our group is called Alle Psallite (pronounced AH-lee SAH-lee-tay), after a piece of music we sing.  We sing three- to four- (and occasionally more!) part Renaissance and medieval choral music.  And we have a lot of fun doing it, too.  We try to keep a balance of working hard enough to sound good when performing without taking ourselves so seriously that we don’t have fun.

 We practice in my home (Herndon-Chantilly area) every Monday night, 7:30 – 9.  I post the music on my web site, where you can print your own copies and listen to midi files of your part.  We welcome ALL voices to join us.  If you don’t have a lot of singing experience, you are still welcome, because we can get you experience. Just be willing to try.  Men are especially welcome because we always need basses.  If you are interested, please just contact me privately at barb at ravenstreet.org

 I’ve gotten this message out a little late, as we already had our first rehearsal of the season.  But this is good news because if you were wondering what we sing, you’ll have opportunity to find out this weekend.  Thanks to the gracious permission of His Excellency, Baron Marcellus, we’ll be giving a short performance immediately before court at The Chalice of the Sun God on Saturday.  Come hear us, and feel free to ask me any questions about our music!

 Best wishes,

 Mistress Anne of Carthew

 p.s., perhaps someone would forward this to the Stierbach list for me?  At this point, we’re almost as much a Stierbach activity as we are a Ponte Alto activity.  We don’t care where you live, if you want to sing with us!