[Moo] Results of the Demo on August 20, 2007

kathrynsnead at comcast.net kathrynsnead at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 12:21:14 PDT 2007

Greetings!

I know it's late, but I wanted to let everyone know how the Girl Scout demo went on August 20.

We were the featured group at the opening ceremonies of a Girl Scout day camp focused on the Middle Ages.  There were about 300 girls (and some boys) aged 3-15 or so in attendence.

Cassandra and I opened by teaching the crowd a round from the middle ages.  This was followed by a demonstration of fighting and armor by Alienor, Reinmar, and Ragnar, aided by Baron Tiggers.  We continued with a demonstration of period items by Sorcha, aided by Wulfwyn, Regan, and Cassandra.  Finally, Reinmar and I taught the crowd how to reverance (in the Western European style), and finished by asking the crowd to reverance as the Camp Director walked by in her regalia.

Afterwards, the attendees went off to their first activities, while the volunteers thanked us for coming by, and told us again how much they appreciated our attendence.

Thanks are given to all the SCAdians who came to the demo:

Lady Alienor de Bathe
Lady Cassandra Arabella Giordani
Lord Loric of Ironwood
Lord Ragnar Ribcracker
Lord Reinmar the Alchemist
Lady Sorcha de Glys and Regan
Baron Tiggers from Abhann Iarthur
Lady Wulfwyn AElfwins dohtor

Let me know if anyone has any questions about the demo.  Thanks.

Ilse von Brenner