[Moo] Home from Florence

Martha Wallenhorst lghthse at verizon.net
Fri Sep 28 14:42:10 PDT 2007

> Hi everyone,
> we are back from Florence and OH MY GOSH! I was able to get into the
> vault that has Eleanor of Toledo's burial gown, Cosimo I's burial out
> fit, and their son Garcia's outfit. I got to study them as up close
> and personal as possible and got photos and a new book the Pitti
> Palace has just put out on Florentine Dresses of that period and how
> to make them. I was also able to get up close and personal with some
> clothing and the frescos from the same time period in Santa Maria
> Nouvella, and several other smaller museums. I have photos! I was
> there studying Florentine Fresco Painting of the 1400 and 1500s and
> was able to get to see some of them up close first hand. When I went
> through the Uffizi I doc'd paintings with interesting items such as
> jewelry, seam finishing and unfinished, as well as how the painting
> was done. I have over 1000 photos and a stack of books that we had to
> buy extra luggage to get home. If anyone is interested I would love to
show what I have and talk about what I saw.
> Annejke

Yes, it is bilingual with the Italian on the left of the page and English on
the right. It is a great book and cost me 49 Euro.
The Name is Moda a Firenze 1540-1580, Lo stile di Eleanora di Toledo e la
sua influenza - Roberta Orsi Landini-Bruna Niccoli - published by Pagliai
Polostampa 2005-2007 ISBN 88-8304-867-9 Fondazione Arte della Seta Lisio
Firenze = = a Medici achieve project

 <http://www.hedgehoghandworks.com/catalog/BKCT6001.shtml>
http://www.hedgehoghandworks.com/catalog/BKCT6001.shtml

I wrote a head to the professors and a couple of museum curators I was going
to talk to. I told them what I wanted to do and see and they arranged it
for me. It is open on a limited basis certain times of the month as well.
I have also reproduced the silver brocade dress a number of times for
museums. I fell in love with it when I was learning restoration in college
and worked for two summers at the DIA as a student volunteer cleaning and
gilding.

I hope this helps. The Web Site has it listed at $110 + shipping. This
book is everything to Florentine style of the time period that Elizabeth's
Wardrobe Unlocked is to English style. The only thing I found so far is
that the English translation was obviously done by an Italian native speaker
so some things are worded a little oddly.

Yes, I will post photos but I have to have a little time to go through them
all. When I get them up I will let everyone know.

Annejke

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.  Speak kindly. Leave the rest to
God.