[Moo] update on award name

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Thu Apr 3 09:58:35 PDT 2008

Ok guys...it must have been a slow news day yesterday!  WOW!!!  There were 50 suggestions.

I have listed them here.  With some off the top of my head comments to weed it down.  I may recruit the herald's list to help with those that are left to figure out what will work.

Thanks for the input!!  If you have anything else just let me know.

Rhonwen

conflict with badge passed = it doesn't reflect what the Barony has as a passed badge

Suggested Name                                   Reasons for Y/N

1.	Silver Spear                                          conflict with badge passed
2.	Silver Knife                                          conflict with badge passed
3.	Silver Dagger                                        conflict with badge passed
4.	Hatchet of Stierbach
5.	Axe of Stierbach
6.	Silver Hatchet
7.	The Two Axes
8.	Vine and Axes
9.	Silver Throw                                         What are you throwing?  Needs more
10.	Silver Aim                                            What are you aiming?  Needs more
11.	The Braced Arms                                  conflict with badge passed
12.	Silver Hafts
13.	Hewed Vine
14.	Vined Machetes
15.	Dueling Machetes
16.	Vined Marksman                                  No people on badge
17.	Dueling Vined Machetes                       Vined machetes don't duel
18.	Dueling Silver Maachetes                      silver machetes don't duel
19.	The Vine and The Silver Axes
20.	The Silver Thud                                    conflict with badge passed
21.	The Silver Adz
22.	St. Bartholonew
23.	St. Matthew
24.	St. Jude                                                Already famous hospital with name...questionable
25.	St. Matthias
26.	Silver Blade
27.	Silberne Äxte
28.	WeiBe Äxte
29.	The Manticore                                      conflict with badge passed no animal (although cool)
30.	The Silver Bull                                     conflict with badge passed
31.	The Silver Hand Weapons
32.	Silver Javelin                                        conflict with badge passed
33.	Silver Target                                         conflict with badge passed
34.	Silver Projectile                                    what's the projecticle?
35.	Silver Axe Hurler
36.	Silver Axe Thrower
37.	Silver Weaponry
38.	The Cleavers
39.	arma iacta--thrown weapons
40.	iaculum--thrown item in general
41.	telum iactum--similar to arma iacta above, except that "telum" is   generic for a missle weapon
42.	telum argentum--silver thrown weapon
43.	telum tauri --bull's thrown weapon
44.	telum cum labriscis--thrown weapon with (wild) vines
45.	telum et labrusca -- thrown weapon and (wild) vine
46.	telum labruscatum, (tela labruscata)--vined thrown weapon(s) (I'm guessing at the grammar on this one.)
47.	The Axes and Ivy
48.	The Bull's Spinning Blade
49.	Silver Hewn Mark                                 conflict with badge passed
50.	The Silver Hache