[Moo] Axe

Janie Darby briana491 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:10:09 PDT 2008

Ok, I looked up "hatchet" in a couple of online dictionaries. Definitely
dates to Period origin, though not sure when/where the current spelling took
hold.

I like either that or "adze". However, an adze doesn't look like an axe.
It's blade is set at a right angle to the haft. Think hoe with a sharp blade
and a shorter handle. It is used for shaping wood - not a thrown weapon.