[Moo] Archery land use

enequy at comcast.net enequy at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 10:16:30 PDT 2008

Haymarket is way beyon the winter Bull Run Center. And in the winter Bull run is the only place that we use. Then it is Friday night, acceptable as most people do not camp in the winter. Even then it is very difficult for some in Stierbach and especially our friends from Ponte Alto to get to. To go even further west in the summer, especially during the week (preferred in the summer) with camping events on the weekends, makes it impossible for most of the archers to attend. Hence the reason we are concentrating our efforts toward the Fairfax area.

It was a good idea though, but that 'area' has been discussed and rejected as not usable due to projected attendance.

thank you

Enequy

From: KristiWhyKelly at aol.com

James S. Long park on 15 just north of 66 and the Old Dominion development.  It's huge, lots of fields a park and a library.  It even has equestrian activities every weekend.  They might have room for archery, and it looks like it's new enough that they might allow other activities.

Click here: Map of 4603 James Madison Hwy Haymarket, VA by MapQuest http://www.pwcparks.org/FindAPark/tabid/59/Default.aspx
Grace