[Moo] possible B-day event conflict

Alys of Foxdale montuos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 07:45:39 PDT 2008

Personally, I think the best choice is to leave it as is, unless you
feel that attendance would be so limited that we might have
significant trouble covering our costs.

Changing the date of an event with this little advance notice is
always a bad idea.  For that matter, do we even have another  business
meeting before the June Acorn deadline on May 1?

Our Birthday event has traditionally been in June, and once we leave
our accustomed timeframe, we start stepping on other people's
event-toes (as it were).  Quite apart from the no-conflict for
Highland River Melees, I believe that has been a fairly popular event
for our local populace; I personally would not like to have to make
the choice.  I don't think August is a good idea because people tend
to want a few weeks to finish unpacking, washing, and general
recovery.  I'm against changing it to the first weekend of June -- but
that's only because I already have a family obligation on that
weekend.

YMMV.

Alys