[Moo] OT: Film Seminar

Ron Newcomb rnewcombva at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 09:29:36 PDT 2008

I have recently started my own production company in the area. In an attempt to bring up the quality of film in the DC area we are putting this event on. If you would please consider helping us get the word out, we would appreciate anything you might do.
    Thanks in advance,

Ron Newcomb
703.895.3681
Opening Act Productions
4201 Wilson Blvd., Ste 110-137
Arlington, VA. 22203-1859
openingactproductions at yahoo.com

OPENING ACT FILM FORUM PRESENTS
A seminar by Jerome Courshon
“FILM DISTRIBUTION:
UNLESS YOU HAVE IT, YOU’RE JUST MAKING MOVIES FOR YOUR FRIENDS”
 There are an estimated 4000+ independent movies being made every single year. Here’s the unfortunate truth: Less than 5% of all these movies end up with distribution.
WHEN:                 September 20, 2008 from 10am – 6pm (1 hour break for lunch).
WHERE:               NRECA (National Rural Electric Cooperative Association)
4301 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA  22203
Phone: (703)907-5939
Room: CC1 (Conference Center 1)
COST:                    $155 Early Bird special (Until Aug. 15th)
$155 Discount for Students, Active Military, and Groups (WIFV, FCF)
$175 Normal price, after Early Bird
$190 At the door. Cash or Check.
To Register go to: www.distribution.la/Seminars.html
“Without Jerome’s information and help, I’d never have gotten a studio distribution deal for my small-budgeted no ‘name’ feature. Not in a million years.”
– Vince Rocca, Producer, “Kisses & Caroms”
(Released by Warner Bros.)

“I’ve been a working actor for over twenty-five years and have working relationships with many mainstream Distributors. When it was time to distribute my first feature film, I thought I knew it all. Jerome not only opened my eyes, but opened doors and on February 19th, 2008, my vampire movie “Revamped” got released on DVD nationwide. Is Jerome’s Seminar worth it? You can’t even put a price tag on the knowledge and connections that you’ll get from his Seminar.”
– Jeff Rector, Writer/Director/Producer, “Revamped”

Jerome Courshonis an award-winning Producer/Writer, whose critically acclaimed first movie, God, Sex & Apple Pie, was released by Warner Bros. He has been profiled in numerous publications including a feature story in the Los Angeles Times, has been interviewed on iFilm.com and Film Threat, and has written articles on film distribution for MovieMaker Magazine, Indie Slate Magazine, and Film Festival Today among others. He began teaching this distribution seminar with the Learning Annex in 2006.