[Moo] Speaking of Yard Sales and Closets...

Sharon Henderson revsharonhenderson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:24:00 PDT 2008

Good morning all,

I do beg your pardon for being off-topic a bit here, but the need is kind of
urgent.

Owing to some rather startling (but good, I think!) changes in my life, I
will be moving VERY soon--locally, but soon--and have a number of things I
need to get rid of.  They're nice things, but I don't have much room in my
storage unit or new place.  If anyone's interested, let me know?  I need to
get all of these items sold ASAP.

I have an oak dining set: Pedestal-style table with 4 bentwood chairs (two
armchairs, two side chairs) to match, all golden blond finish, with one leaf
for the table; the chairs need some minor gluing to be good and tight.  300
or best offer for the whole shebang.

One full-size futon with mattress, light wood frame (not sure what kind of
wood); gently used and comfy. 150.00 or best offer

One dark-stained day bed and pop-up trundle unit with twin mattresses, all
in good shape; I'll probably find the bolts while I'm packing.  *grin*  150
or best offer.

Two small folding book cases, reddish-dark stain, stackable, three shelves
each when open: 30.00 for the pair.

One small night stand, medium-dark stain, clean lines that would match well
with Shaker, early American, or even modern furniture, 30.00

One antique drum-style table, needs minor repairs but is use-able as is (one
leg of the pedestal-style bottom is loose and causes table to tilt
slightly); really nice piece, has a drawer, round top with leather inset on
the top; is at least 80 years old.  Clean lines, and would go with a lot of
different furniture styles.  50.00

Black studio-style spinet piano (*sob*) and its bench seat, plays
beautifully but needs a tuning, fits in a Ford Windstar van or any pickup;
needs a good home ASAP though it breaks my heart to see it go.  Not young,
I'm it's third owner (first was a family that originally bought it; second
was my church, now me) but it's in excellent shape.  Nice tone.  150 or best
offer.  (It's in Fairfax)

I also have an antique WW1-era wheelchair that converts to a stretcher; all
original, needs restoration, but is all present, works, and is kinda cool in
a neat, odd way.  If you know of any WW1 re-enactors who do a medical
impression, this would be cool for them.  Defies description, you need to
see it to believe it.  VERY cool.  I'd like 300 for it, but will take what I
can get.  Make me an offer!  *grin*

Everything except the piano is located in Remington, VA west of
Manassas/South of Warrenton in the Stierbach littoral.  Cash and carry; I do
own a pickup and could deliver within a reasonable distance of rural
Northern VA if you spot me some gas money.  Send me a note offline if
interested... I need to move fairly quickly.

Miss you all!  Hopefully things will soon improve, and yes, I am working
now, thank God.  More news as things develop...  :)

Hugs,
Meli