[Moo] progress and announcements

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Tue Aug 26 16:30:53 PDT 2008

Good day to the most glorious Barony of Stierbach,

Flaithri and I have worked out a progress for this fall which is listed
at the bottom of this missive.  Before that are a few updates,
announcements and reminders for you.

We both hope to see many of you at these events; in particular WoW III.
I know our Baronial Herald, Baron Charles, has grand ideas for a
procession.  If you are interested in helping with that please contact
him soon.  Also, we need to discuss as a group if we will be having a
Baronial encampment.  If you are interested in this let me know,
especially if you would like to be the land coordinator for it.

If you have suggestions on when the next baronial gathering should take
place, I have placed 3 potential dates on the schedule.  There are have
been at least two gentles offering to teach classes on those days and
practice should be excellent as the weather should be pleasant (one can
hope).

Ceit is still taking volunteers for people to help at the various
Baronial hospitality events this fall.  If you are able to donate
yourself, food, supplies, or anything else please get in touch with her.
Chalice is our Hospitality event for September and with 5 teams of
Stierbachians we will be in need of significant refreshments.
Particularly water, fighter snacks, and nibbles for the spectators.

Thank you to everyone who has been giving to the favor/award/largess
drive.  You make the Barony look good!  There will be two instances this
fall where we will need gift basket items.  Fall Coronation and Lochmere
investiture.  If you have anything specific you would like to give to
those please let me know.  Then 12th night will be around the corner.
If you are interested in helping me get gifts together for 12th night
please drop me a line.

Finally, if you are on the regalia committee we need to get together for
another meeting.  I have placed an "rc" after potential dates that we
could meet.  Please let me know if these work well for you.

Tentative Schedule:

September:       3          Baronial Business Meeting (rc)

                        7          Traveling Business Meeting

                        9          Canton of Abhainn Iarthair Meeting

5-7       Fall Coronation

12-14      Chalice of the Sun God ***Baronial Hospitably*** (rc)

19-21        Journey to the Crusades  (Flaithri)

Heraldry Institute (Rhonwen)

26-28    Lochmere Investiture

October:           1          Baronial Business Meeting (rc)

4                    University (rc)

5                    Traveling Business Meeting

7          Canton of Sudentorre Meeting

9-12            WoW III ***Baronial Hospitably***

18        Possible Date for Baronial Gathering

25                 St. Lukes Artisans Fair

November:       5           Baronial Business Meeting (rc)

7-9       KWAR  (Cincinnati, OH)

                        9          Traveling Business Meeting (maybe out
of town)

                        11        Canton of Abhainn Iarthair Meeting

                        15        Possible Date for Baronial Gathering

22                 Holiday Faire (rc)

December:       3           Baronial Business meeting

6                    Unevent

7                    Traveling Business meeting

8                    Canton of Sudentorre meeting

13         Possible Date for Baronial gathering

January:           7          Baronial Business Meeting

10        Kingdom 12th Night

11        Traveling Business Meeting

13        Canton of Abhainn Iarthair meeting

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen