[Moo] Fw: [horseandhound] Attention seneschals and autocrats present and future

Laura Barrett alienorb48912 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 17:01:55 PDT 2008

For our future equestrian endevours....
YIS,
Alienor
 Love Conquers All

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Stella Brindle <BrandwynAlston at gmail.com>
To: HorsenHound list <horseandhound at yahoogroups.com>; Merry Rose Atlantian List <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:24:48 AM
Subject: [horseandhound] Attention seneschals and autocrats present and future

Greetings Good Gentles,

Greetings Seneschals, Marshals, MIT's and autocrats,

There are some new concerns and proceedures for ordering equestrian insurance:

If you plan to have horses at your events, or your SCA group plans to
do so, then you need to make sure that the insurance is ordered 3-6
months before the event AND that it is in the format that Patricia in
Milipitas will accept.

You need to send the request to Gwenwhyfar de Hwyntington (the
insurance deputy- contact info on the Atlantian Cavalry web page) in
plenty of time so she can make sure it is in the correct format and
all the information is there.

DO NOT send the form directly to Patricia in Milipitas. SEND THE FORM to Gwen.

Use the form we have made up. You can get a copy from your local
cavalry marshal, a regional cavalry marshal or the Deputy Earl Marshal
of the Horse. We may eventually have it in pdf form on the web site
too.

Make sure the money is attached with the form.
It costs $50.00 for the extra equestrian insurance. It cost's another
$50.00 for the additional insured clause that covers the site owner
(total $100.00). This clause is needed only when the site does not
have its own liability insurance coverage. There is a $50.00 late fee
if they recieve the request closer than 30 days (30 days or less)
before the event. Thus the reason you need to get it to Gwen at a
minimum of 90 days before the event.

Include a SASE to Milipitas for Gwen - one envelope per request.
(Multiple requests in one envelope almost always get "lost").

You can download the instructions from the SCA web page, but use the
form we have done up in the cavalry and mail it to Gwen - not to
Patricia directly.

See below for the instructions from Patricia:
"Stella,
Attached is the ordering instructions for an insurance certificate.
They need to follow those instructions to get a certificate. We need
complete names and addresses, beginning and ending dates and times.
We want it on a plain sheet of paper numbered 1 through 7, no headings
needed. Thank you,
Patricia"

As you can see, she is quite particular as to the format. If it is not
exactly how she wants it, then it doesn't get processed.

Make sure you put in a request to have a copy sent to the Kingdom
Equestrian Officer. This request needs to be placed to the right of
the information you put down for #3 - the certificate holder. (See the
form).

If you don't include this request, then we won't get a copy - only
the site owner will get a copy. Then you will have to track that copy
down and make a copy and get it to the KEO because the KEO has to have
one for the kingdom files.

Questions?

Thank you for your cooperation and for supporting the Atlantian Cavalry.

Brandy
Brandwyn Alston of the Rift
Deputy Earl Marshal of the Horse, Atlantia
__._,_.___
Messages | Members

Recent Activity
	*  2