[Moo] Request for Donations to the Royal Gift Basket for Pennsic

Sharon Henderson revsharonhenderson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:36:51 PDT 2008

Good evening, gentle cousins!

Time is drawing near, I know, for everyone's departures for Pennsic; I beg
your indulgence to make a humble request.

Each year, Atlantia is assigned a recipient Kingdom for a gift basket to
foster friendship between groups.  This year, the fortunate recipients of
the Atlantia Royal Pennsic Gift Basket will be King Mittion and Queen
Rosalinda of Trimaris.  Some donations have already arrived, and others are
promised; some folks have stepped up to offer to ferry the finished Basket
to Pennsic.  I would like to state my undying appreciation and thanks!  :)

There is still some work to be done, however.  It would be so wonderful if
this basket could overflow with the astonishing generosity, talent, and
wonder that is Atlantia and Her people--namely us!  Not sure what you would
like to donate?  You can see information about the Trimaran Royals here:
http://mittionandrose.googlepages.com/

They each have a preferences page, much as our own beloved Crown has on
their site; perhaps you will gain some inspiration by looking at what
pleases their Majesties of Trimaris!  Also please consider the things that
make a Crown's life easier and less expensive: boxes of legal-size
envelopes, rolls of stamps, calling cards, maybe even pre-paid gasoline
cards in these expensive times.

Sometime around July 2, the Basket will be retrieved from me; you can still
donate after that time, by arriving at Pennsic and taking items directly to
Atlantia Royal.  Or you can mail the items to me, to arrive before July 2
please.  Whichever choice you make, please DO make sure to do the following:

With all items, please provide a 3x5 card stating what the item is and
clearly stating that it is for inclusion in the Trimaris Gift Basket.
Perishable items are alas not a good idea, though the makings for such
(sekanjubin concentrate for instance, or spice mixes) would work in good,
tight containers.  If the item is edible, please include a recipe or an
ingredients list in case of allergies.  Make certain the card contains your
SCA name, your mundane name and contact info, and any other salient facts
("dyed using period techniques" or "included as a personal gift for their
Majesties of Trimaris" are two thoughts that spring to mind) that you think
might be handy.

For any items shipped to me in time for inclusion in the original submittal,
as it were, I will remove your mundane contact info and include only a card
listing the item, important facts about said item, and listing you by SCA
name (if desired).  Why do we ask for contact info?  Because donating to
this worthy cause is a good and wonderful thing--and saying thank you is a
nice thing too.  :)  I hope everyone will like the thank-you token they will
be receiving.  Shh, it's a surprise...  :)

So... to make a long story short, I beg you to help make this Gift Basket a
thing of wonder and joyous astonishment, reflecting glory onto our beloved
King and Queen, and showcasing the generous, sharing spirit of Fair
Atlantia.  Drop me a note offline for my address and a telephone number
should you have any questions.

Thanking you all in advance and praying that everyone will have a safe,
enjoyable War, I am

yours in Service to Crown, Kingdom, and Dream,
Meli ferch Iasper