[Moo] youth champion

Alexandre de Tourouvre alexandre.detourouvre at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 05:31:15 PDT 2008

How about thinking of the Youth Champion as something along the lines
of a "courtesy award"?

I mean, something based on how you act on and off the field, in
whatever activity you take part in; even if that activity is, to
paraphrase Loric, "making people around you enjoy their events because
of your smile".

Fair play, chivalrous behavior, accomplishment in a marshal activity,
accomplishment in arts; exemplary service; those could all be part of
what makes a young gentle a champion.  I also like the idea of
recommendations for and by children.

In my humble opinion, champions are chosen by their Excellencies not
only because they won a certain tournament; They are chosen as
representing the best of the Barony.  Yes, a youth champion could be
selected for winning or doing remarkably well in a tournament; or a
youth champion could be selected for just being a great kid to have
around and be around.

In service
Alexandre de Tourouvre