[Moo] Thank you

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Sun Mar 23 16:55:01 PDT 2008

Greetings unto the populace of the Barony of Stierbach from your new
Baron and Baroness, Flaithri and Rhonwen,

We just wanted to pass on our thanks for everyone who came together to
make yesterday and wonderful event.  It was great to see so many faces,
familiar and new, from all over the Barony in one place celebrating our
Investiture.  Plus, no one could have asked for better weather during
the day.  Thankfully the rain and cold held off until evening court.

Many of you gave your time during the event to help us as retainers and
guards.  Without this service the two of us would have been even more
haggard by the end of the day.  You all took care of us, made sure we
knew where we were going, kept us watered and gave wonderful suggestions
when you saw the dazed and confused look in our eyes.  No words can
express precisely how grateful we are to you.

The Canton of Suddentorre once again hosted a spectacular Defending the
Gate.  The amazing egg decorations from Lady Blitha were breathtaking
(earning her a silver nautilus) and amazed and awed all of those at the
high table.  Feast was spectacular, and neither of us can believe Lady
Elizabeth did it all with out a "real" kitchen.

As our term as your Baron and Baroness begins we have started to look to
the future of Stierbach.  In the next few days we will publish our
progress and hope that many of you will choose to attend those events
with us.  We both hope that if you have any ideas, questions, or
comments that you will seek us out.  Knowing what you want will help the
two of us make the dream happen for you.

Yours,

Flaithri and Rhonwen

Baron and Baroness of Stierbach