[Moo] announcement if you are going to Sapphire

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Thu May 22 05:19:22 PDT 2008

I have been asked from the Seneschal listserve to forward the  following, as
they are important
announcements regarding Sapphire  Joust!
--Blitha

Sapphire Joust is just a few short days away, and the  Barony of Caer
Mear is preparing to host the Kingdom for a weekend  celebrating the
Current Middle Ages.

There are two important changes  to note from previous years:

1.  There are *ABSOLUTELY NO* pets  allowed.  No pets will be allowed
on site, and anyone discovered with an  animal will be removed from
site with no refund.  This was necessitated  by numerous incidents over
previous years of people not taking adequate care  of their pets and
their pet's byproducts.  There will be a zero  tolerance policy, other
than those animals providing service, such as Seeing  Eye or Hearing
Dogs.  Service dogs should be documented.

There  are several kennels in the general area of Sapphire Joust,
however we cannot  guarantee you will be able to place your animal with
them if you bring it to  site and are turned away at the gate.  Please
plan  accordingly.

2.  The parking lot has moved.  The area that has  been our parking lot
for the last few Jousts is now a graded, groomed, and  maintained
soccer field that we are not allowed to park on.  Parking  will be
available at the VFW Hall across the street from the event  site.  You
may drive to your campsite and unload, but we would request  you remove
your vehicle to the parking area in due time.  Take care when  crossing
the street, as traffic can come through quickly.  If you arrive  late
at night, please leave your vehicle in camp then park it in  the
morning if that is a safer option for you.  We apologize for  the
inconvenience.

Please note that the weather in the Richmond area  has been
exceptionally wet this year, so the grounds around the site  will
probably be soft.  Please take care to drive gently on the grass  of
the site.

Thank you, and we look forward to hosting you for  Sapphire Joust.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.