[Moo] Demo at Wakefields School

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Thu May 22 06:37:25 PDT 2008

Greetings,
I know that the Wakefields School demo is coming up soon, on Thursday 29th.
We need to be there by about 2pm, and can join the dinner at 5:30pm. It is at
Wakefields School in the Plains, near I 66... I forget the real address and
directions... So who is planning on coming, and what are we doing?

 If we wish to have a "static display", we will need a table, table  cloth,
and what do we wish to display. Last year the kids were interested in the
weapons. I can bring the chain mail shirt for them to try on, and we have other
weapons. Do we have any fighters and a marshal for the demo? the kids really
like that, and it gives them the chance to see weapons forms in action (much
better than pictures -- augments getting to touch). Ragnar's weapons collection
 and display is better than Wolfou's, and Colum has a better bow and arrow
display. Grace, is a traveling beadmaking fesable? Dressed in viking, and
making  viking style beads (even on modern equipment) is exciting to watch and
makes a  good connection that may stick with them a LONG time. I am thinking on
bringing  the Morris Games boards, a rug, and get the kids to play games. If we
know what  style garb we are wearing, we can use that to illustrate different
styles  throught the middle ages... do we want to bring the box of clothes for
the kids  to dress up in? (maybe not,  since they will be in an attempt of
medeval  dress already...) Do we wish to set up a tent? Last year we stayed
under a tree  and did not really use the tent, other than it was a nice display,
and the story  teller used it. What about musical background? Do we have
musicians, or a bard  in the box and disks? What are your thoughts, and who is
bringing what?

I think Grace and Madeline, and Rhonwen and Euan are coming. I am  coming
(and I am planning on staying for their feast and to see their projects).  Who
else is coming, and who remembers the directions?

YIS
--Blitha

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.