[Moo] Details on the 18th

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Tue Oct 7 05:56:10 PDT 2008

Greetings to the Fine Barony of Stierbach!

Here are more details on the activities going on at the Saturday October
18th Baronial Gathering.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Where:  The Prince William Fencing Academy
				8440 Kao Circle
				Manassas, VA  20110
				Phone: 703-330-6222

http://www.pwfencingacademy.com/Home.html

When:  10 am to 8pm

Individual Cost:  None, floor fees are waived for the day

Food:  Please bring a dish to share for a pitch-in dinner to be held at
5pm.  If you want to bring snack items for the day feel free!  Please
bring feast gear for use at dinner and during the day.  There is a sink
to wash up in afterwards.  The kitchen is basically a countertop with
plug-in's for crock pots, so no on-site cooking.

Extra Equipment:  While there are folding tables and chairs on site we
may need more.  If you can squeeze an extra table and chairs into your
vehicle please consider bringing them.   If you will be bringing a
"messy" project please bring the appropriate materials to leave the site
clean and neat afterwards.  (Drop clothes, rags, buckets, soap...)

Activities:  There will be many activities going on that day
	12th night:  	1)   Painting banners and window scenes
2)	Making Server Tabards
3)	Making Cording for site tokens
				Please look out for further emails and
details from the Autocrat.

		Fighter practice:  Yes there will be heavy, light, youth
and HMA going on (if marshals and participants so desire).  If it is
nice we will be outside.  They have rugs to cover the floors for heavy
fighters, but extra would be nice.  All standard baronial rapier
practice rules will apply.  If you have any questions please talk to the
regular practice marshals.

		Dance:  This is still in the works.  Tentatively set for
in the evening after the pitch-in.  If a dance practice takes place
please be aware that you will need to wear non-marking sneakers to do
this activity on the main gym floor (or go barefoot).

		Baronial 12th night gift activity:  I will be accepting
donations for materials for this activity and answering questions for
anyone interested in participating.  I will bring materials so that
everyone can see how one goes together.

I am sure this will once again be a great event!  Hope to see many of
you there.

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen