[Moo] News on Award badge Names!

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Thu Sep 18 19:23:03 PDT 2008

The heart of Stierbach was rejected many years ago by the College of
heralds due to a conflict (off the top of my head 2001).  I have the
paper work here somewhere; I can send you the full reasoning.

When I went to the consulting table fall university last year Alisoun
and I sat there for 2 hours coming up with names that would 1) pass, 2)
went with the already passed badges and 3)reflected the barony.  Having
a common theme was determined to be a good way to go...the most obvious
themes:  bulls, white/silver, red or images on the badges (like the
Minotaur).  These were then approved at the next business meeting.

I know there are people out there who have said the same thing, but
after 10 years it is nice to have registered names.  There is a push to
get baronial award names registered (not just our barony, but all across
the known world) at least we got a good number done.

If you have any suggestions for the two left (Heart of Stierbach and The
Dueling axes) please, please, please let Charles know.  He will be doing
a lot of leg work to get these passed this next time out.

Rhonwen