[Moo] After Action Report Tuesday Fighter Practice

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 07:14:38 PDT 2009

There were fifteen people at last night's fighter practice, eighteen
if you count the fencing folks who stopped by to talk later in the
evening.  We had six or seven folks practicing rapier and a number of
historic martial arts folks.  And, while there were at least six heavy
fighters on-site we had two in armor.  Three students from the fencing
academy came out and while they were a bit intimidated by the size of
the weapons seemed to enjoy talking about historic martial arts.

Activities were not confined to the warlike arts.  A lot of discussion
about arts and sciences, and most other subjects took place.  I even
saw a bit of taichi being practiced early in the evening.  Overall
there was a very congenial atmosphere and a good time was had by all.

Lessons Learned:

1)	After a month of not practicing one should expect to be hit more
often than one likes.
2)	It is called heavy fighting for a reason, and that reason is the
helmet.  Those things seem to gain weight if not used on a regular
basis.
3)	If you leave your arm hanging out like a piece of wood at a wood
choppers convention it will hit as long as you leave it out.

William de Mont d'Or