[Moo] Once in a lifetime chance

Karen karen_larsdatter at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 06:16:47 PST 2009

The Met will *also* be hosting a traveling exhibition of the mourners from the tomb of John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy, and his wife, Margaret of Bavaria, from March to May.
http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId={A847D374-B77D-4447-B515-6187127F6462}
This particular exhibition will be traveling to Richmond in 2012.

Other exhibitions scheduled in New York next spring & summer:  The Morgan Library & Museum (www.themorgan.org) will have exhibitions of the Hours of Catherine of Cleves, and other Flemish illuminations from the lifetime of Catherine of Cleves, and also an exhibition of Roman drawings from the Renaissance from January to May; and then an exhibition of drawings by Albrecht Durer from June through September.

And speaking of interesting exhibitions scheduled for next year in the state of New York, the Corning Museum of Glass (www.cmog.org) has "Medieval Glass for Popes, Princes, and Peasants" starting in May.

(Keep an eye on http://larsdatter.com/wordpress/ -- or read my column in Tournaments Illuminated -- for more information about upcoming museum exhibitions relating to the Middle Ages & Renaissance!) :-)

Charles O'Connor asked:
> Is there going to be a catalogue for those living a little south of the barony?

Yep, and it's already available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0300136714?ie=UTF8&tag=happy-harry-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0300136714

Baroness Rhonwen wrote:
> Now to figure out how to get me to the V&A for their newly re-opened wing on the middle ages….

The V&A has put out some new books this year as part of the festivities surrounding the new Medieval & Renaissance galleries, for what it's worth :-)

Medieval and Renaissance Art: People and Possessions
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/185177579X?ie=UTF8&tag=happy-harry-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=185177579X

Medieval Jewellery in Europe, 1100-1500
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/185177582X?ie=UTF8&tag=happy-harry-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=185177582X

Renaissance Secrets: Recipes and Formulas
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1851775773?ie=UTF8&tag=suggestion-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1851775773

Fashion and Armour in Renaissance Europe: Proud Lookes and Brave Attire
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1851775811?ie=UTF8&tag=happy-harry-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1851775811

Death and Art: Europe, 1200-1530
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1851775838?ie=UTF8&tag=happy-harry-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1851775838

Karen