[Moo] Asking the obvious...and now for the answer

Cyberhaaz at aol.com Cyberhaaz at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 20:24:56 PST 2009

Took a compass on a walk around the house.

Being near any steel item skews it.  Being very near a large  steel item
completely invalidates it.

There's some variance based upon elements I can't assess (in some  cases
small steel items had a worse effect than large ones) , but that's  the basic
picture.  Steel poles on my bookcase, fire extinguisher, tank of  Mapp gas, metal
candlesticks, and some appliances all make the compass point in  a direction
that isn't remotely connected to North.  And it doens't swing  back and forth
more or give any sign of being wrong; it's just wrong

So the next time you are stuck in the woods in full armor, skip the compass
:-)

Celia
**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.