[Moo] Newcomer's Hafla - May 17 2009

Marcolo DelMare marcolobronzethunder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 07:51:06 PST 2009

Stierbach,

   We have been discussing the idea of having a newcomers hafla activity day
and it appears to be coming together. Sir Cian and Vicountess Catherine have
graciously offered their home in the Fredricksburg area on Sunday May 17th.
We will have a beginner's dumbek class and a beginner's middle eastern dance
class then after they have worked individually for a while we can put them
together and have drumming and dancing. Some local heralds have offered to
have a booth to help folks with creating a Middle Eastern persona, and
we have had an offer of a middle eastern garb class. There will be a pot
luck, please try to bring something Middle Eastern or Mediteranian. This is
not an event, it is an A&S activity, so come casual and enjoy the atmosphere
and have some fun. Further details will follow as we hammer them out and we
get closer to the day.

Thanks,
Marcolo
MoAS