[Moo] Thrusting Tips

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:39:54 PST 2009

I am working on putting together a pole weapon and need a wee bit of advice
on the thrusting tip.  I have seen a number of methods of putting tips on
spears, most of which make the spear look like a long handled QTip.  I am
trying to avoid this, and the large amount of padding would interfer with
the striking head I am planning on using.

After reviewing the Marshal's Handbook I dont see a technical problem with
using the two handed weapon thrusting tip form Windrose Armoury
http://www.windrosearmoury.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=66).
I want to make sure that this would work for a six foot long pole weapon or
if there are any safety concerns with using this thrusting tip rather than
something more like the spear thrusting tip kit (
http://www.windrosearmoury.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=87)
.  While I would like to avoid the big blob on the end of a stick look, I'll
go with it if there are any safety concerns.

Your advice on this subject is sought after and welcome.

William de Mont d'Or