[Moo] Tuesday Night Fighter Practice After Action Report

Scott Cozad scott at cozaddigital.com
Fri Jun 5 05:54:36 PDT 2009

William Muirheid wrote:
> Lessons learned include:
>
> 2) The light gauntlets you are wearing at the beginning of practice
> will increase in weight by an order of magnitude by the end of
> practice, especially when someone is trying to hit you with a stick.
> (see lesson one)

Edward:
Vegetius in De Re Militari (Concerning Military Matters) and Dom Durate in
O Leal Conselheiro (The Loyal Counsellor) say that you should train with
heavy weapons.  This is so that when you fight in ernest (in their cases
acctual war) you will not tire as easly.

Edward

--
"We should not be ashamed to acknowledge truth from whatever source it
comes to us, even if it is brought to us by former generations and foreign