[Moo] St. Paddy's Day Blood Bath

Lisbeth Teopaco opc_lt at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 14:25:14 PDT 2009

Just a reminder that St. Paddy"s Day Bood Bath is this weekend, Saturday the 14th at Nottaway Park in Vienna. That means you don't have to travel far to have fun. The temperature is going to be in the high 50's, wonderful weather!!!

If you would like to volunteer please contact Sir Thomas of Calais at thrid at aol.com. He could always use some good volunteers.

There will be a simple free lunch served . Although this is a free event, a donation of $5 to the Baony of Ponte Alto would be appreciated.

If you need any more information you can contact me at opc_lt at yahoo.com or 703-901-1866.

Your Truly,

Sophia vander Werken

St Paddy's Day Blood Bath
March 14, 2009
Barony of Ponte Alto

Banners of the North! Weep! You shame your noble King with your winter’s lethargy. While Atlantia’s foes tilt at rings, you have wintered by your hearthsides growing soft on rude tales and mulled wine. Enough! Arise and shake off the rust of these past frigid months. Sound the battle horn and muster again. Let all the banners of the north fly and fan our hearts to acts worthy of song. The Barony of Ponte Alto is proud to present a day that will be sure to satisfy even the most bloodthirsty fighter. This is event is a fighter’s dream, featuring our usual bearpit tourney and as many pickups as you can stomach. Remember, this is for both light and heavy fighters; however, this year we will also be adding youth combat to the schedule.

In addition, as with two years ago, this event will be advertised to the general public which is expect to be in attendance. For this reason, we are encouraging all participants to fight in their best armour and wear their finest garb so we may present our finest face to the public. In addition to the fighting we are planning to have a few displays of SCA activities for the public. If you would like to participate in any additional activities, feel free to contact the Autocrat. Additional details concerning the event will be in the March Acorn.

St Paddy’s Day Bloodbath Schedule:

9:00 Troll opens

=0 A10:00 Authorizations begin

11:00 Bear Pit Tourney (Rapier and Heavy)

12:30 Lunch break

12:30–1:30 Youth combat

1:30 Bear Pit Tourney resumes

Site: Nottoway Park, 9601 Courthouse Road, Vienna, VA.

Site restrictions: No alcohol. Dogs must be leashed and cleaned up after.

Cost: This is a free public event; however, a donation of $5 to the Barony would be appreciated.

Autocrat: Sir Thomas of Calais (Thomas Hundley), 8112 Bard St, Lorton VA 22079. Phone: (703) 212-9080, e-mail: thrid at aol.com

Directions: