[Moo] Quarterly Baronial Gathering

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 11 10:02:42 PDT 2009

Greetings unto the Barony of Stierbach, from your Baron and Baroness!

Please mark your calendars!  Our next baronial gathering will be on
Sunday April 5th beginning at 10 am, with a potluck at 3pm and traveling
meeting at 5pm.  A site is being confirmed, so please look out for an
announcement in the next couple of days with the location and
directions.

This will be a full marshal practice for the Barony.  Heavy, Rapier,
Archery (combat too) and anything else we think we could throw in there.
Come muster and musters with your unit, hear of the glory of Gulf wars,
trade knowledge with your fellow fighters and make the Stierbach Army
strong!

For those who like to pursue the gentler arts please feel free to bring
projects to work on.  Her Excellency will have supplies and equipment
for anyone who would like to do some painting of pennons and banners.
You could also begin working on your heraldic displays for Baronial
Birthday.  This Barony has many knowledgeable heralds that we are sure
would love to help and advise anyone on the creation of personal
displays.  From banners to clothing what could you do with the arms of
the Kingdom, Barony, Cantons, your personal heraldry or your household?

Please encourage anyone new to the group, or new to the SCA to come.
This will be a great laid back gathering with many activities going on.
What a wonderful way to introduce them to what the Society has to offer.

Such a glorious way to begin the summer campaign season, training with
friends to defeat our Kingdoms foes!  We look forward to seeing the
units of Stierbach on the field over the next few months putting to good
use the training that begins here.

Yours,

Flaithri et Rhonwen