[Moo] 16 May Fighter Practice After Action Report

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:25:06 PDT 2009

Sir Richard extended an invitation to the Barony and hosted fighter
practice and provided space and expertise for individual projects on
Saturday the 16th.  We had six heavy fighters armored up and
practicing, including our own Baroness.  I would like to point out
that in her first time in armor she managed to land more blows on
knights in a single practice than I have in an entire year.

Practice included individual instruction and one-on-one sparing,
working on teams, working with/against combat archers, and combat
archer drills.  Lessons learned include:

Know where your archers are at and help them do their job.  If you
don't your archers tend to die and you tend to throw yourself in front
of the arrow meant for your opponent.

Steel gauntlets are heavier at the end of the day than at the
beginning of the day.

Hydration is a good thing.

Next fighter practice is Tuesday at Prince William Fencing Academy
8440 Kao Circle Manassas. 7:00 - 9:00(ish).

Sir Richard will once again be hosting fighter practice at his house
on the 31st.

If you are not off wining archery glory for Stierbach at Crescent
Guard this weekend I hope to see you at Sapphire Joust.  We still have
open fighter and cheering section slots on the Baron's team for the
St. Aiden Heraldric Display Team Tourney.

William de Mont d'Or