[Moo] Team Stierbach Progress Report / St. Aiden Heraldic DisplayTeam Tourney (AKA Sapphire Joust)

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Thu May 7 08:20:05 PDT 2009

What a wonderful idea!  Perfect for getting the units together and
showing Atlantia what a force we are.

Flaithri, I am sure, will be more than happy to bring his spear, but
unless they allow combat archery, and I can get authorized before then I
will not be able to join you on the field.  I am, however, willing to
fill in gaps where I could be most useful (herald, cheering, water
bearing, etc).  Yes, water bearing...there are extra points for personal
water bearers with heraldic drinking jugs and outfits!

As this is a heraldic competition in addition to a melee, we need spiff
and more of it!  If you are in possession of one of the war tabards and
are not planning on attending Sapphire I ask that you turn it in so that
someone on the team may wear it.  For anyone else coming to cheer on the
fighters, remember to pack your baronial colors!  Of course, we will
have the favor basket with us in case anyone forgets theirs at home.  If
anyone has ideas they are willing to do to make this a grand display
please let me know.

You mentioned, William, that we needed banners and pennons.  Well we
have the old war standard, a new war standard (with the warlord), a
large silk banner, a German style banner, the baronial device banner, 12
pennons with the populace badge on them, and one large felt banner with
a bull on it.  Anything else anyone thinks we may need?

Thank you William for organizing this endeavor, it will be a wonderful
experience.

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen