[Moo] FW: Increasing volunteering at Pennsic

Denise McMahon gerkeeper at mac.com
Fri May 29 20:05:14 PDT 2009

Please also remember the Children's Fete during War Week.  We always
need folks who like to have fun.

-Rowan B.

On May 29, 2009, at 9:53 PM, Lisa Mitchell wrote:

> The best thing to do is sign up. They have a notebook at troll.
> Just write your name in an empty slot and show up a couple of
> minute early and let the person with the radio know it is your
> first shift.
>
> If you just show up, they may already have a full crew. Depending
> on how busy they are, some times there are more people than work.
> Or a lack of chairs for everyone.
>
> Now, sign up can be an hour before you want to volunteer instead of
> days in advance. :) Sign up, go to Inner Vagabond for a drink, and
> then come back to volunteer.
>
> Ceridwen

I come from the East, most of you [here] are Westerners. If I look at
you superficially, we are different, and if I put my emphasis on that
level, we grow more distant. If I look on you as my own kind, as
human beings like myself, with one nose, two eyes, and so forth, then
automatically that distance is gone. We are the same human flesh. I
want happiness; you also want happiness. From that mutual
recognition, we can build respect and real trust of each other. From
that can come cooperation and harmony.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama