[Moo] Tuesday Fighter Practice AAR

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:57:51 PDT 2009

We had three fighters at last night’s practice.  Ragnar graciously
agreed forgo the joys of combat to observe, critique, and teach those
less experienced than he.  We worked pole arm v. pole arm, pole arm v.
great sword, great sword v. great sword, and two sword v. sword and
shield.

Lessons Learned:

1) Weapon mass and reach are no substitute for good technique
2) When fighting two sword wear a belt or expect to have the front of
your tabard beaten senseless
3) Fighting four days out of five may be overdoing it a bit and can
lead to armor fatigue (aka I am tired of being in armor)
4) Weapons land just as hard in the dark when you can’t see the blow
coming as they do in the light of day.

William de Mont d'Or