[Moo] UMW Library resources

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Wed Sep 30 15:01:55 PDT 2009

Greetings!

I know that our Barony has quite a few Universities and places of
learning; however I wanted to point out that the University of Mary
Washington in Fredericksburg has a rather large collection of books
related to the SCA.  For example, I checked out 10 books today for my
research on stained glass, and left quite a few that I will check out
later for further reading.

At the scriptorium to be held at my house (Wednesday October 28) I am
going to have an assortment of books from their library on scribal arts.
I was drooling over the bookcases (yes more than one) with all the
reproductions of the Books of Hours and manuscripts.   Hopefully this
will give people some more inspiration in that area to see different
examples of period pieces.

If you want to see what they have (so you can do inter-library loans or
go there) the library website is: http://www.umw.edu/library/

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen

The over-eager-research-beaver!  :-)