[Moo] Baronial Newcomer

Marc Lauterbach mllaut at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 21:54:12 PDT 2009

All,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome!

I am currently living in Falls Church, which I think is in the Barony of
Ponte Alto, but I've had better luck meeting people from Steirbach, so here
I am.

I work for a private security company, so right now my schedule is erratic
and I may not make it to events as often as I would like.

God willing, I will receive a job offer soon from the Federal government
which will send me down to FLETC in Glynco, Georgia for 13 weeks.  I figure
fighting might just be a good way to start conditioning myself for the road
ahead, lol.

In the meantime, I used to be authorized in sword and board, spear, light
and heavy rapier, and combat archery.  I'm of relatively slight build
(though less so now, since I discovered beer post-college) and in the past
had a real hard time getting whacked by people who were a lot bigger than me
(I used to be 125 pounds at just under 6 feet...I'm 155 now).  I couldn't
work around a shield well, and found spear to be exhausting, especially
since I didn't have the football player physique of many of the other people
in my old baronies.  So I figure that I might have more luck with a great
weapon, as it is more familiar to me and there is no annoying shield in the
way.

As for arts, crafts, and the like, I am trying to teach myself the medieval
fyddle/English guitar, and am into black powder.  I'm currently working on
an early 15th century handgonne, so if anyone out there is interested in
taking a spin with me and seeing what kind of accuracy and penetration we
can get out of it once it is finished, let me know!  Who knows?  It might
make for a cool A&S project someday.

Again, thanks so much, and I look forward to meeting you all soon.

Matthaeus