[Moo] research help

Karen karen_larsdatter at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 11:40:10 PDT 2009

If you're just interested in an introductory sort of text on Norse mythology, I'd suggest
D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159017125X?ie=UTF8&tag=suggestion-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=159017125X

If you're interested in later medieval stories, I have two recommendations -- the Canterbury Tales (http://www.librarius.com), and the Decameron (http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Italian_Studies/dweb/dweb.shtml).  Both of them are basically written around a group of people telling each other stories.  The authors are taking them from a variety of different source materials (in fact, some of the Canterbury Tales are repackaged from the Decameron, which in turn is retelling them from earlier sources as well).  There are a few other story-collections of this sort, but that's where I'd start.

You might also want to check out some of these links:
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/wsnlinks/index.php?action=displaycat&catid=47
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/wsnlinks/index.php?action=displaycat&catid=48

Good luck! :-)

Karen